Frequently Asked Questions
eLearning is a great way to maintain your knowledge or learn something new while at home. We have online courses in Swiftwater, Ice, and Helicopter. These course are self paced and build great foundations in these environments.
Practical training courses are still being delivered on an as needed basis. We have implemented equipment cleaning and disinfecting protocols based on the latest recommendation from the CDC and reduced our maximum class size to 8. Skills have also been adapted to encourage physical distancing.
Certification Extension (CE) to all qualifying participants. This CE will extend your expired or expiring certification for 6 months to keep you qualified and certified to respond and work in the industry. Here are the details:
- To qualify you must have a current certification that is expiring in 2020 or has expired no earlier than March 1, 2020. Certifications excepted:
- Rescue Canada
- Rescue 3 & Boreal (with proof of skills & certification)
- Costs are $150.00 plus taxes.
- You must complete the appropriate eLearning course where applicable, or it must have been completed in the last year.
- You will receive a 6 month extension to your current certification. (From the date of “purchase”).
- $100.00 of the fee will be deducted from your tuition if you take a practical re-certification course prior to Dec 31, 2020.
To request this Certification Extension please contact Sylvia at the office.
Sylvia at [email protected] or 1-800-663-8931 ext 1
We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Rescue Canada (Rescue Canada Resource Group Inc.) is a fully integrated risk management organization specializing in safety and rescue training and support.
Rescue Canada is registered in British Columbia and the CEO is Jim Lavalley.
Rescue Canada instructors have become regarded as the leading innovators in the development and delivery of state of the art safety and rescue education and research, worldwide.
Rescue Canada provides training and support for the following groups plus others:
- Fire Rescue Departments
- Search and Rescue
- Department of Fisheries and Oceans
- Environment Canada
- Parks Canada
- Adventure Guides
- Thompson Rivers University
- College of the Rockies
- Algonquin College
- Gaspe Adventure Guide Program
- Resource Management groups
- International Rescue
- Instructor Alliance
- NFPA 1670 standards
- NFPA 1006 standards
- Rescue 3 International
- Emergency Management of British Columbia
- Work Safe
Rescue Canada instructors are also subject matter experts(SME) in their respected fields and as such are court recognized SME in jurisdictions in Canada and internationally.
As SME Rescue Canada has developed training courses in Canada and around the world and set standards that other continue to follow.
Over the years we have continued developing International training partners in order to maintain the safety and rescue standards around the world. These partnerships and programs have been delivered in the USA, India, Iceland, Norway and China.
Newroper (China) – Cooperation started in 2019. Swiftwater and Boat courses delivered and instructor development started. Newroper is the current sole Agency in China for providing specific Rescue Canada course curriculum under our supervision and guidelines.
- May/October 2019 – Swiftwater and Boat Instructor Level 1
- May 2019 – Swiftwater Safety Rescue Level 2: Class 05-19-L2S
- October 2019 – Boat Safety Rescue Level 2: Class 10-19-L2B
- May 2020 Swiftwater Safety Awareness: Class 05-20-AWS
Keilir University (Iceland) – Through the ongoing partnership with Thompson Rivers University Adventure Guide Program we have been certifying and training students in Swiftwater Rescue since 2017 in partnership with the International Rescue Instructors Association.
To provide a minimum requirement for a student, group, organization or agency course registration requirements and payment. There are three types of course registration:
- Public Courses
- Private Courses (Training Agreements)
Registration is completed either via the office or through the website. Students are registered into the system Monday-Friday, 8:30-16:30 PST (excluding holidays).
Students are given access to the eLearning course for 30 days at the time of registration.
If the student is incomplete and requests re-activation into the course there is a $25.00 processing fee for each re-activation.
30 days is not from the students first log-in attempt.
Registration is completed either via the office or through the website.
Students are registered into the system Monday-Friday, 8:30-16:30 PST (excluding holidays).
There is a $100.00 non-refundable charge for registration. This fee gives the student access to the eLearning course.
If a student is renting equipment the full rental fee is charged at the time of course confirmation.
Student rental information must be received to the office at least 3 weeks prior to the course start date or there may be extra shipping costs charged to the student.
Registration is completed through the office and only upon receipt of a signed Training Agreement. Upon receipt of the signed Training Agreement (TA) the client will be invoiced/charged the course deposit as per the TA and sent the student registration form. Rescue Canada must receive the completed student registration form and equipment request form at least 3 weeks prior to the course start date. If equipment rental information is not received within 2 weeks of the course start dates Rescue Canada cannot confirm that the equipment will be available for the course and there will be extra shipping charges
To provide a minimum requirement for a student, group, organization, and agency course cancellation and refund.
To cancel/withdraw out of a course you must contact the office at least 2 weeks prior to the course start date and receive confirmation of the cancellation/withdraw.
There are two types of cancellations/withdrawals:
- Student Cancelation
- Rescue Canada Cancelation
Greater than 14 days’ notice of cancellation (Student)
- When full course tuition has been paid the tuition less the deposit will be returned.
- If rental equipment has not been shipped there will be a full refund.
- If rental equipment has been shipped the rental fee will be refunded minus $25.00 restocking fee and shipping expenses.
Less than 14 days (Student)
- No refund. The deposit amount of the course tuition can be used for a Rescue Canada course within 1 year.
- If rental equipment has been shipped there is no refund.
- If rental equipment has not been shipped there will be a refund minus $25.00 restocking fee.
When a registered student does not show up for the course, the full tuition will still be charged, and the student does not qualify for any refund.
For extenuating circumstances such as injury (with proof if requested), a refund less the deposit can be requested.
Student(s) that are unsuccessful or incomplete in the course does not qualify for a refund.
Rescue Canada Cancellation
Rescue Canada reserves the right to cancel/reschedule any course due to, but not limited to, insufficient registrations or unsafe conditions.
If Rescue Canada cancels a course, you will receive a full refund less the $100.00 eLearning course/deposit.
The student may choose to transfer their payment to a future course within 1 year.
To establish minimum requirements of a student’s designation for course registration and pricing for any of Rescue Canada’s Safety Rescue Programs. Student Designations are one of the following:
- New Student
- Re-cert Student
- Audit Student
- A student that has not taken a course in the registering Safety Rescue Program or a course to the level registering into.
- A student that is greater than 6 months expired in the course certification.
- A student that is no greater than 6 months expired in the course certification.
- A student that has completed an equivalent training course and certification and is no greater than 6 months expired. Proof of certification is required (copy of certification and expiry date). Approval required from Rescue Canada Director of Operations
- A Rescue Canada student that has successfully been certified, and is currently certified in the level of course attending.